Finding a Lawyer in Kokomo INJanuary 24, 2017
Divorce Attorney Consultation Kokomo IndianaFebruary 20, 2017
7 Steps To Choosing The Right Divorce Attorney
Richard Russell Provides Experienced Legal Advice to Howard County Residents
Howard County, IN divorces can be messy, emotional experiences. That’s why you need a divorce attorney Howard County residents have turned to for decades to handle complex legal matters. Richard Russell is a Howard County lawyer specializing in family law and mediation. At an attorney Howard County IN residents have relied on to get fair treatment and desired results, Richard Russell is here to help you with your legal needs.
When choosing a divorce attorney Howard County residents should consider the following:
- Know your desired outcome. Are you looking to receive or reduce alimony and child support obligations? Do you need to settle property disputes or visitation rights? Are you looking to minimize court time? You need to go into a divorce with a clear understanding of what you want to achieve and make sure you ask any potential attorney what the likely outcomes are.
- Get referrals. Family members, co-workers, and friends are good sources of references for a reputable attorney Howard County IN people have used in the past.
- Ask questions. You want to be sure to interview multiple attorneys before settling on the Howard County lawyer who will represent you during your divorce. Be sure to have a set list of questions to ask each attorney before deciding. Potential questions might include:
- What is likely to happen to me?
- How much support will I receive/have to pay?
- Is there a choice of courts? Will I need to appear? If yes, how often?
- How often will we meet?
- Who will be doing the work – you, an associate or paralegals?
- Do you know anything about the court or judges likely to hear my case?
- Look for experience. You want to be sure to hire an attorney with lots of experience in family law who knows how to help people resolve property, alimony, child care in cases of legal separation and divorce.
- Determine costs and payments. Be sure to get a sense as to how much hiring a Howard County, IN divorce attorney will cost. Will you be billed a flat rate or hourly? Are there different payment plans available to help ease the burden?
- Assess communication. When you hire an attorney, you want to be sure to work with someone who communicates well with you in clear language that explains complex legal concepts and describes what’s likely to happen at each step in the process. If you do not feel comfortable interacting with your attorney, then it’s going to be even more difficult to get the outcome you desire.
- Make a decision. You want to make sure you’ve weighed the many issues of fit, credentials, communication, payment, and access before deciding on the right lawyer for you.
Richard Russell has been practicing law in Indian for more than 40 years. He is a member of the Howard County, Indiana State, and American bar associations. If you are looking for a Howard County Lawyer, contact Richard Russell today.